Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mood swings

Talk about mood swings. I go from being depressed for 2 1/2 months, to being hypomanic for a week. Thursday I was back to feeling hopeless and depressed again. And Friday I felt mostly agitated and incredibly irritable. Not that I was in a bad mood. It's just that every little thing was pissing me off and making me either mad or upset. Like, on the way home from the doctor today there was a guy who was riding my bumper for miles, even though I was doing 5 over the speed limit. I was getting so frustrated and angry that I just wanted to slam on the brakes and let him hit me. The only reason I did not do so is because I had a passenger with me, and I value their life and well-being.

My husband takes the biggest brunt of my frustration though. Perhaps it is because I deal with him more than anyone else. Either way, I have very little patience for him. And everything he does lately gets on my nerves. And it's not really his fault. In general, I just feel like punching something. And that says a lot, since I am not even remotely a violent person. I wonder how I will be tomorrow. If I had the choice, I'd opt for a happy good mood. But I have this feeling that might not be the case. We shall see...

By the way, my psychiatrist changed my medication dosage when I saw him on Tuesday. He upped my Lithium from 600mg/day to 900mg/day and lowered my anti depressant (Cymbalta) from 120mg/day to 60 mg/day. I sure hope he knows what he is doing. Especially since my primary doctor seems to be worried about the interactions between the Lithium and other medications I am on. There are all kinds of warnings about taking any NSAID's with Lithium, and, well, I take 800mg of Ibuprofen 3x a day. So, yeah... I guess they are going to have to monitor the amount of Lithium in my blood because of that. Ugh, fun. I hate blood tests. I hate medication. I hate being sick, and I hate going to doctors so often. Bleh. Okay, I am done complaining for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment