Saturday, November 26, 2011

A small bit of hope

It is 6 a.m. and I am laying here in bed, unable to sleep. I'm just not tired. In fact, I've been awake all night. And I don't really know why. But, before I even try to sleep, I have one thing on my mind.

It amazes me how much one little thing, even as simple as an online message from a dear friend who is far away, can make such a difference. I mean, my whole friendship with them means so much. But tonight, their message meant a lot. At a time when I felt no one cares if I even exist... that message was just what I needed. To hear that I was missed made me feel less alone. It renewed a little bit of hope in me, that maybe my life isn't as pointless as it feels. In that moment I was happy. I wish I could hold onto this smile. But I know all too well that nothing good ever seems to last, no matter how much I want them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment